Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Artist: D. Lee

  

 ROOM WITH A VIEW-$2200 SOLD

   

D.Lee

 

Disciplines:                     

  • Oil
  • Pastel
  • Bronze

Accolades: 

  • Member of the Society of Animal Artists
  • 2003 award winner Phippen Museum Fine Art Show
  • Award winner Draft Horse Classic Art Show
  • 2004 Scottsdale Best and Brightest Show.
  • 2004 Western States Horse Expo

Diana lived most of her life in Idaho, but now resides in the mountains of Arizona.   A long time professional horse trainer and competitor, she began painting horses in 1991 (after doodling them in her school notebooks for years.)  Her knowledge and love of the horse is evident in her work. 

Wildlife and western art are also favorite subjects, but she doesn't limit herself to a certain genre.  She frequently switches from oils to pastels, and has recently been playing with some watercolor (thanks Jessie!).  Figure work (the human form) is becoming more  prevalent  in her work.

Her style is on the 'loose' side..... "I don't try to reproduce a photograph, this is a painting, a piece of art.  From across the room, I want it to look incredibly real, with depth.  When you examine it closely, I want you to see brushwork and different tiles of color.  This is not easy to accomplish, and I am continually striving to capture that in my work."

She has been privileged to study with “incredible artists” such as Jim Norton, Gary Carter , Dave Wade and Dan Mieduch.   But the “career altering” week she spent studying with Morgan Weistling remains a high point. 

“He totally changed the way I approached my paintings.  I am honored to have spent a week with such an intense painter, and also that he still gives me advice today.”

No comments: