Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Here in Missouri

 Prayers and tears 
I can not stop crying with this one, so much sadness has hit around the world and then Katrina, Yes we have these Tornados each year, And I was driving and dodging in the 2003 tornados but looking now at my neighbors bare foundations, where once  wooden homes stood and seeing every little town around me touched in some way or homes flatten just brings me to tears.
Then the crazy stories of tornados like the family came up their basement stairs to sky and all that was left of their upper home was a sink and a dining room table with six chairs around it, all set for dinner!

Was I hit? The baseball size hail beat my home and car like tearing apart a drum, no damage that I can see yet through these tears? Amazing really and once again my little bird I allow to fly free, did her circle dance and song talking to the storm and it moved fast away. The first close call, I had here as I started to take pillows and get under cover, she flew around me in a tight circle around and around and landed on my head and it all went quiet and stopped!! The tornado had suddenly zipped away, the TV News was saying did you see how fast that just moved over there on our weather map!!!! WOW!There are some beliefs and stories I am going to look up about birds and storms.


Yes, my heart goes out to all here! I am lost for words on the hurt and loss, all I can do is pray for them and do my little bit of help in my own way. Yes, they told us to let the pros do their jobs and not get in the way, Sunday night or morning.

Ann Little Running Deer

No comments: