Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Buffalohair, When Technology Finally Bids Us Adieu


When Technology Finally Bids Us Adieu



It is not a matter of ‘if’ technology will slip from our grasp but ‘when’ since it is only a matter of time. With ever increasing and more virulent solar flares coming towards earth there is no question power grids and frail electronics will soon be compromised. It may be for days or weeks at first but ultimately it will be years before the sun begins to stabilize. Months ago NASA scientists issued a red flag of concern about the possibility that technology would be our societal Achilles tendon since the sun entered a new phase never before witnessed. Well at least by these guys anyway. According to visions and prophecies by dogmas and ideological principles from throughout the universe this is just one aspect of change mankind will experience. But it’s a good one and the ramifications are endless.


The earth’s magnetosphere is also pulling vanishing acts of its own during extreme solar flares gives us the opportunity for a perfect radiological storm. The disappearance of the magnetosphere during solar events allows extreme levels of solar and cosmic radiation to permeate our atmosphere and ultimately the earths crust. The Fukushima radiological disaster has already offered up a new round of cancers that will soon plague mankind, which should be a no brainer from a scientific point of view. Chernobly and other less known radiological events have increased levels of ambient radiation ever since man opened the proverbial nuclear can of worms back in the 40’s. With all this current and available data it is funny, in a dark way; the World Health Organization has failed to make mention about the increased worldwide cancer risk from all these radiological events. It would appear the WHO only caters to the whims of pharmaceutical companies and the nuclear industry rather than the concerns of the people. Maybe when a chemical company invents a potentially profitable pill for cosmic, solar and manmade radiation exposure they will address this increased cancer risk issue but that’s another story. And it’s a dozy eh…


Anywayzzzz, solar flares will eventually turn our expensive electronic gadgets into curious useless paper weights for the most part. Our fancy big screen TV’s will be nice picture frames and people will have to relearn the use of a slide rule for mathematical equations so in a way it will be a good thing. We’ve grown to co-dependant on gadgets and gizmos to do our thinking rendering us battery operated and stupid as a culture. Technology has been a boon in some ways and a bust in others educationally speaking. So I look to the pending solar disasters as a blessing since people will have to use their brains, for a change. Granted I will be stuck with hundreds of thousands of dollars of useless digital audio and video equipment and my fancy electronically co-dependant car will no longer function. Tragedy will strike my household because Spell-check will be a thing of the past and I will be forced to relearn the use of a pencil or pen, oh the horror. I had better stock up on erasers and paper if I plan to chronicle mankind’s reemergence. But in reality I doubt I will have the time since I will be busy smoking meat and preserving food stuffs. The good part is the fact it will be hunting season year round and I know the woods quite well.


I can also brain tan so I guess I would eventually have to replace my color coded BVD’s with elk skin skivvies and I will not make them with a flashlight holder in the front either. I never used that silly little door anyway so what’s the point eh? Maybe I’ll just wear a loin cloth like my ancestors did. Then all I have to do is pull the curtain, taa daa! The boys will enjoy the fresh air and new found freedom so there is a bright side to all this. I doubt Tyvek or other radiological contamination resistant materials would be readily available anyway. The hides I would procure would be tainted with years of exposure to alpha, beta and gamma rays already and so would be the meat. We’ve been exposed to radiation and other toxic chemicals in our food chain already so what’s a few more RAD’s. Course the absence of rBGH will be a Godsend since I could possibly loose some weight without the presents of fat retaining hormones in my vittles. I could even hunt in the evenings since the elk and moose would glow in the dark. This is sounding better and better. I wonder how my vintage Cabernet Sauvignon will taste with a hint of cesium, hmm.


Guess I’ll have to resort to Ginger the Wonder Horse for transportation but we both could use the exercise anyway. I’ve used pack animals in the past and I venture to say I will use pack animals during heavy solar event days, weeks or years, just depends I guess. For people around the globe who faced floods, winter storms and other events that destroyed power grids, they already know the frailties of our technologically co-dependant society. The Amish people would be role models and the homeless of today would be ahead of the curve. As for the indigenous populations who’ve been colonized and relegated to reserves not much would change since we were left out of the technological loop anyway. Maybe someone will send a note telling us the world ended or something for life would not change much on the rez.


Gads, so much for my power tools in the garage. But I already made preparations for that since I did manage to collect a wide variety of hand tools and I’m quite capable of using them. That is provided I don’t kick the bucket from cancer by my exposure to ambient radiation. Which reminds me, what will happen to all the nuclear reactors when the power grid is shut down? Sadly there will be cooling issues that can’t be addressed by simpler technology. All their fancy electronic gadgets will go kaput and pandemonium will most likely ensue. I venture to say meltdowns will become common place and occur around the globe further increasing the levels of ambient radiation. By the way, there is no such thing as a safe level of radiation and existing levels of ambient radiation are most likely the root cause of a host of new and improved cancers we are experiencing these days. Oh well, so I will also glow in the dark. At least I will not need batteries.


Radiation is only one of the issues that will soon plague mankind, err, already plagues mankind. There are other issues that will make this somewhat mot by comparison but if you paid attention to your respective dogma or ideological principle you would already know my words. So my advice is to prepare within your tradition or respective ideology since we are in the midst of change as we speak. In one dogma it was said within their sacred text that change would come like thieves in the night. And if you were actually paying attention you would discover someone has already rummaged through your underwear drawer. Just remember that these solar flares will soon be a pocks to modern technology but other catastrophic events are sure to follow during this era we live. Bada Bing, Bada Bang, Bada Boom, capice?


Your Devil’s Advocate
Buffalohair

No comments: