Pages

Monday, December 27, 2004

Earth Teach Me

Earth Teach M

 Earth teach me stillness as the 
grasses are stilled with light. 

E
arth teach me suffering as 
old stones suffer with memory. 

E
arth teach me humility as 
blossoms are humble with beginning. 



E
arth Teach me caring as the 
mother who secures her young. 

E
arth teach me courage as the 
tree which stands alone. 

E
arth teach me limitation as the
 ant which crawls on the ground. 



E
arth teach me freedom as the 
eagle which soars in the sky. 

E
arth teach me resignation as the 
leaves which die in the fall. 

E
arth teach me regeneration as the 
seed which rises in the spring. 



E
arth teach me to forget myself as 
melted snow forgets its life. 

E
arth teach me to remember kindness 
as dry fields weep in the rain. 


A Native American prayer from the
Ute, North American

No comments: