Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2006

Caring



For caring about someone else, in just a simple way.

No, you don't need to give your last name or your site name or your home address in just sending a thoughtful Card, so it is a safe way in reaching out to share a hug with a stranger losing hope.

Caroline Bochud

 

 

May you all

 

Once again for being so kind !!

Ann:)


[The_Sacred_Groves] Fwd: Special request of a friend who's sister has cancer


Comment from: judypearllove
CYNDY MADE THIS ENTRY IN HER JOURNAL AND MY CARD IS IN THE MAIL I HOPE THIS MAKES MANY CARDS COME EMMA'S WAY
http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee

5:04:28 AM EST
Feeling
Quiet THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
JudyPearlLove has posted a rather poignant email in her journal.If our journals and emails serve to get out the word that this lady is making the simple request that we each send her sister a card, then our journals have served the greater good.  Isn't that powerful!?!How often do we get ASKED to do a sort of random act of kindness?  Yes, we were prompted, but it is still a meaningful act for a complete stranger and I can think ofnothing kinder, more compassionate.  This woman is asking US to help her sister beat cancer . . .  with the simple encouragement of a card.Here's the email posted on JudyPearlLove's journal:Sherry <shergirt@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: The_Sacred_Groves@yahoogroups.com
From: "Sherry" <shergirt@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:02:48 -0000
Subject: [The_Sacred_Groves] Fwd: Special request of a friend who's sister has cancer

I would like to pass along a request that I received
from one of my readers. Her sister has breast cancer
and she has a special request from all of us.
Here is her letter:

Good Morning Everyone,
Today I am coming to you on bended knee.
I am asking this on behalf of my precious sister
who is frightened and quite alone on this journey.
She has suffered 8 years with Breast Cancer
and now it has traveled to her lungs and her liver.
She is scared and needs support of any kind.
My request of you is, if you can find it in your heart
to send a card to a complete stranger?
I asked her if I may give her address out
and she was more then happy to do so.
I want her to see what online friends are really all about.
I want her to get cards from across the world.
I want to fill her room from wall to wall.
That is my wish for my beautiful sis.
We just lost our older sister last year to this dreaded disease
Please if you haven't already, get your Mammogram.
My sister's address is:

Emma Scarola
2386 Black  River Road
Bethlehem, PA 18015

PS: I just thought of something else.
How cool would it be if you forwarded this mail
to everyone on your buddy list
and they in turn did the same.
Gosh it could go around the world
and back several times.
Please Forward.
Please do this nice gesture
and see how good your heart feels.

Love & Peace
Bunny
If she is willing to put her address OUT THERE, then I believe the least I can do is send a card. I KNOW YOU AND I KNOW YOU CARE EVEN THO SHE'S A STRANGER AND I KNOW I CAN COUNT ON YOU!It will make you feel good.  You'll feel that you made a difference . . . and you did.  You brought a smile and you brought encouragement to one who is suffering and is going another round against this dreaded disease.  You ALSO supported her tired worried sister.  I pray Emma regains her health.  Our support is so important.I'VE NEVER KNOWN PEOPLE BETTER THAN I HAVE MET ON THESE CYBER PAGES.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!                           


Written by cyndygee .
This entry has 31 comments: Show Recent | Add your own 


I ALSO HAVE A POSTING IN MY JOURNAL HERE

http://journals.aol.com/judypearllove/ToBlessedToBeStressed/

I READ THIS ENTRY IN ONE OF MY ALERTS FROM  AN AOL JOURNALIST ASKING FOR US TO SEND EMMA A CARD FROM HER SISTER. EMMA HAS BREAST CANCER AND IT HAS NOW SPREAD TO HER LUNGS AND LIVER READ HERE. OR KEEP READING MY JOURNAL AND IT WILL BECOME CLEAR.  http://journals.aol.com/a2002v2002/NAMoments/entries/2475

I RESPONDED AND RIGHT AWAY I GOT AN EMAIL FROM CYNDY WHO ALSO RESPONDED BY POSTING THIS ENTRY INTO HER JOURNAL. NOW WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO MANY BEAUTIFUL CARDS TO A SICK AND VERY SCARED LADY. CYNDY SAID IN HER EMAIL TO ME AS YOU WILL READ BELOW THAT IT TAKES SOMEONE 3 TIMES TO SEE SOMETHING TO TAKE AFFECT SO NOW WE HAVE 3 REQUEST OUT IN J-LAND TO SEND A CARD TO THIS LADY WITH BREAST CANCER. THIS IS THE EMAIL I RECIEVED FROM CYNDY. 
Good Morning, Judy!   I wanted you to know what I had done about your email and entry in your journal.  I put an entry about this email into my journal:   http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee   I realize that some people received two emails and looked at two journals about Emma's wish, but in the business world there is a saying that people are convinced of something after seeing it three times.  Hopefully, oneother journalist decided to reprint the email.    I hope that I can add to the number of cards of encouragement and get well that Emma receives.   It's so kind of you to do this and I know it will help the cause.   I hope you have a lovely day,                                  Cyndy   Cyndy

If she is willing to put her address OUT THERE, then I believe the least I can do is send a card. I KNOW YOU AND I KNOW YOU CARE EVEN THO SHE'S A STRANGER AND I KNOW I CAN COUNT ON YOU!It will make you feel good.  You'll feel that you made a difference . . . and you did.  You brought a smile and you brought encouragement to one who is suffering and is going another round against this dreaded disease.  You ALSO supported her tired worried sister.  I pray Emma regains her health.  Our support is so important.I'VE NEVER KNOWN PEOPLE BETTER THAN I HAVE MET ON THESE CYBER PAGES.  THANK YOU EVERYONE! 

LOVE JUDY PEARL

Comment from judypearllove - 1/5/06 1:10 PM

Hello
I got this site from Judy and I too am sending a card and am forwarding this to all the people on my list. we will be praying for her and your family. Sunshine
Comment from sunshinemontag - 1/5/06 8:45 PM


   Thank you so much Judy and all who are sending a card !!!

Hugs!!

Ann:)
Comment from a2002v2002 - 1/5/06 7:10 PM

No comments: