Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Native Art Update

Created new MySpace group: Native American Fine Art and Artists

Getting ready for Santa Fe Indian Market August 19-20. It's gonna be awesome! Be there or be square!

My name is Paul Kabotie. I am Hopi and Santa Clara Pueblo from the Southwest. Native American Art is my passion. I love traveling to shows around the country. I grew up amidst the arts my entire life. I founded Native Art Network to cultivate appreciation for Native American Fine Art and to support Native artists, families and communities.

Native American Art

About the picture:
I created this work to reflect my vision of Native Art Network. The circle is a Crow design, from my wife's tribe, created by artist Ann Pisano and converted to a graphic by my friend Kirsten Olivet of Niche Media One. To me it symbolizes the bold yet gentle energy my wife Lesley brings to my life and to the world. The motifs in the background are Hopi designs that represent the arts that have surrounded me my whole life and have become a part of who I now am. The downward facing wedge design on the right symbolize my spirit and the brown hands represent the creativity of all Indigenous Artists.

The colored checkerboard pattern represents my particular artistic medium and creative outlet - the computer keyboard - where I spend countless hours doing art, computer programming, and networking with y'all.

 

http://www.myspace.com/nativeart 

 

No comments: