Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2004

Native American Flute maker Spring Shine

Meet the artist behind Cedar Spirit





Native American Flute maker Spring Shine

"The sound of my flute carries through the forest like a dream." Cedar Spirit customer Ressa Cook

The Story of Cedar Spirit Flutes
"I had 10 years background in woodworking, but no carving experience. A friend brought me a native flute one day. I thought it was pretty amazing, so I tried to make one from a piece of birch firewood, and I finished it off with a coyote totem. People saw the flute and asked me to make them one like it. The rest, as they say, is history.

"The carving comes so easily to me, perhaps because I approach it with such reverence. I invite the spirit of the totem animal to come into the wood, just as I invite the spirit of the ancient fire-killed cedar I use for the flute body to come into the world and share its music."
Spring Shine

No comments: