Here is some information on April 25 Georgetown, California. I would like to also add that I'll be doing a lecture April 26th at DQ University, California. You are all invited.
Sunday - April 26th at DQ University
Saturday - April 25th at Georgetown California
Make an on-line slide show at www.
Directions from Bay Area to Georgetown NATURE FEST & KFOK Concert,
6530 Wentworth Springs Road, Georgetown, California 95634
1. Take I-80 Northeast towards Sacramento.
From Sacramento take 50 towards Placerville/
Take Exit 37 (
Left turn onto Ponderosa (goes over the freeway)
Right turn onto North Shingle (see signs pointing to Georgetown, Coloma, Lotus)
Continue on North Shingle for about 5 miles
7. North Shingle merges with Green Valley but is unnoticeable as the road veers right.
8. Then road comes to a Y, veer left onto Lotus Road, towards town of Lotus, for about 8 miles until it ends.
9. Left turn onto CA- 49, and go over the South Fork of the American River for less than a mile.
Go past the Shell Station on the right side of road
11. Right turn onto Marshall Road (Coloma Club on the corner) and go up winding road for about 5 miles.
12. Go through town of Garden Valley continuing on Marshall Road for another 2 miles.
13. Right turn onto Black Oak Mine Road, (as you pass the Sierra Stop gas station on the left) until it ends..
14. Make a left turn onto CA-
15. Make a right turn onto Main Street (you're in Georgetown!) gas station on the left corner.
Continue on Main Street and after 3 blocks it becomes Wentworth Springs Road
17. Slow down as you continue up Wentworth Springs Road (winds a little) and look for the Black Oak Mine Unified School District sign and driveway on the right.
18. It is easy to miss if you are driving too fast. If you've gone more than a mile on Wentworth Springs Road you probably passed it.
19. Right turn into driveway and follow road towards the soccer field and follow directions of Star Security to find parking spaces.
Welcome to our Nature Fest. If you get lost, try calling me at 415-637-4740, or try calling KFOK at 530-333-4335. You can also get directions from MapQuest, etc., but they will give you directions on I-80 through Auburn, which might be easier, but going through the canyon can be pretty windy with lots of twists and turns. Take it slow if you do.