Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[NativeVue] "Woodpecker Waltz" Scuttlebutt

As we draw down on production day I can't help but be a little excited. I have some video work to do on the film and I am happy with that. Then Dan Leonetti, writer of the screenplay, informs me of a part in the flick. He tells me the role of "Henry" a big mean spirited death row inmate who is obsessed with listening to the Lone Ranger on the radio. He's a cop killer, mean and ugly with attitude and everyone is intimidated by him. Then Dan tells me, "You would be perfect for the role". Umm, all rightie then.

Well I was elated with the dubious honor of playing Henry in the film. But talk about typecasting eh. So I get to play a "goon" in the film, some things just seem to follow me around I guess. My big scene debut is on page 80 when I get marched off to be executed. And it has a dynamic that is sure to make a grand dramatic return to the stage. At least I'm not typecast as a Native cop killer. But most likely I'll be typecast as a "goon" and forever be known as the "Cop Killer" in Woodpecker Waltz..."Woodpecker Waltz" Scuttlebutt

Read it all, and oh-so-much-more in...    http://www.nativevue.org/blog/?author=146

No comments: