Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

2 COURAGEOUS STUDENTS WALK 3000 MILES FROM PORTLAND, TO NEW YORK, NY FOR FREEDOM OF BURMA



















6 MONTHS JOURNEY ACROSS 3000 MILES FROM PORTLAND, OR TO NEW YORK, NY. THIS IS A GROUP TO SUPPORT THE 2 COURAGEOUS STUDENTS ATHEIN & ZAW HOLDING AN AMERICAN FLAG AND THE NATIONAL LEAGUE OF DEMOCRACY FLAG WALKING ACROSS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR THE FREEDOM OF BURMA....


On March, 2008, Athein stepped out from Portland, OR on a journey to New York, to raise awareness about the crisis in Burma. He'll walk over 3,000 miles to present a petition to the UN on August 8, 2008, the 20th anniversary of the 8-8-88 protests in Burma.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

***A MESSAGE FROM ATHEIN***

It was for so many reasons that I left my regiment and my friends, but this does not mean that I ran away from my country. I have always wanted to do something for my country, but I don't know what the right way is for me to do this. Before, I believed we needed international help for Burma, but I haven't seen any help from the world. There are only two choices left for every life in Burma, become a fugitive and rebel against their law, or obey their rules and stay with their ruling one-power government.

I already donated my life for my country, and now I have decided to do something that nobody else would do. Maybe someone has already done this, maybe this is the first time, but I am not crazy and I am going to do this until my job is done. I have decided to march to New York from my city.

I live in Portland, Oregon, about 2,500 miles east of New York by plane. Walking this journey will be at least 3,000 miles. It won't be easy to get there like sitting on a plane is, I know and understand that I will be walking for more than six months, and I don't know what I will have to face on my journey.

-Athein

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀


Athein and Zaw min htwe reached at 25 miles walked to Biggs Junction this evening at 7 PM ,they have already walked 160 miles in 6 days from Portland city to Biggs Junction. Tomorrow they will keep walking to Wallula city but between Biggs Junction and Wallula city they will have to sleep on the road because between these two city there 45 miles far way . They expected more than 25 miles tomorrow. Athein had a problem with his knee yesterday by walking so their marching slowed down yesterday afternoon, they will rest one day before they leave Hood river .

They were planning, in 20 days they are going to cross Oregon state to Idaho state in this month.



▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Fast Facts about the conflict in Burma:
*GENOCIDE 400,000+

*3000 VILLAGES BURNED

*BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS

*2 MILLION +
I was just told via phone that, We are NOT Refugees!
So disregard this statement


*WORLD’S LARGEST RECRUITMENT OF CHILD SOLDIERS UNDER THE AGE OF 17 (70,000)

*SYSTEMATIC RAPE AND TORTURE OF YOUNG CHILDREN

*ONE OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST OUTBREAK AREA OF HIV AND AIDS WITH NEARLY NO TREATMENT FOR MOST OF THE INFECTED

*NO FREEDOM

*WORLD'S POLITICAL PRISONERS TORTURED DAILY

*WORLD'S ONLY NOBLE PEACE PRIZE WINNER DAW AUNG SAN SUU KYI JAILED FOR THE LAST 16 YEARS FOR SPEAKING OF DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM




‘Please use your liberty to promote theirs’

BGAN ON MYSPACE

http://www. myspace. com/burmanetwork

No comments: